July 18, 2012

“Will cook for sex”


No, this is not the title to a new Woody Allen movie.  Rather the title of a book I spotted and bought in an old dusty barn/souvenir shop whilst traveling through Kane County.

“Will Cook for Sex” by Rocky Fino is a delightful roadmap to a loved one’s heart, or to delight a group of friends.  The recipes are simple to follow with step-by-step pics to guide you.  Move over Dr. Phil! Let’s take this book to the kitchen and play…

I tried two of the recipes on the spot.  The first prepared by the delightful Mlle. D., a.k.a. “Queen of Tarts” called Kingfish Benedict from the morning after chapter.  Delectable.  I ask Mlle. D. what she thought of the whole notion.  She smiled and said that she knew a few morning after recipes herself.



The second was served to me by horse rancher Larry, near Bryce Canyon, Utah.  We had gathered for Sunday dinner.  He prepared Longhorn Canapes from the Her Bunco Night Potluck chapter.  To die for.  Connie, the wife, who has evidently developed hidden strengths,  as well as cunning, broused through the book and said; “Yep, these will work!”


A copy of the book is on its way to Frenchtoast with my best wishes for many happy mornings after. My copy stayed with Connie (winter nights get chilly in the mountains of Kane County).


8 comments:

frenchtoast said...

The first time I cooked for a woman, I was young, the meal was marginal, and she was too naïve to know any better.
I got lucky! And, I never questioned the power of food again.
I’ve gotten older, the women are getting wiser. Fortunately, I’ve continued to improve my menu. For those who haven’t, or have no idea what I’m talking about – this is the book to help you.
Thank you Ms. Edna, the book has arrived and is as you posted, DELIGHTFUL.

Tartanscot said...

I couldn’t have said it better. . .
Well not to brag, but I proved Fino’s theory long before he published.

Anja said...

Women were once taught that the way to a man's heart was through his stomach. Alas, women today rather not cook. Should you be lucky to find a man well versed in knowing a spoon from a spatula be prepared to call him “a best friend.” Men who excel around kitchens, galleys and cucinas of the world are usually not “eligible” for after-supper-frolicking. Of course, present company excluded.

J.K. said...

I cook. Hit me up =* JK

sleepless in NY said...

O.k. ladies...emotionally healthy here...and waiting for the right one! Need a resume? And oh... I can i n s t a l l the kitchen of your dreams and make you a gourmet meal!

Alistair said...

Eat drink and make whoopy, for tomorrow they may make it illegal.

Greetings from the land of Calvin, oatmeal and sulfur.

Unknown said...

There are three possible parts to a date, of which at least two must be offered: entertainment, food, and affection. It is customary to begin a series of dates with a great deal of entertainment, food, and the merest suggestion of affection. As the amount of affection increases, the entertainment and food can be reduced proportionately. When the affection is the entertainment, you are no longer dating.

Ms. Edna (squared) said...

Touche!